What is a Cookie?
A Cookie is a small text file that a website places on your PC, phone or any other device, with information about your navigation on that site. Cookies are necessary to facilitate navigation and make it more friendly.
Although the general term “Cookie” is used in this policy, since it is the main method of storing information used by this website, the browser’s “Local Storage” space is also used for the same purposes as Cookies. In this sense, all the information included in this section is equally applicable to this “Local Storage”.
What are Cookies used for on this website?
Cookies are an essential part of how our website works. The main purpose of our Cookies is to improve your browsing experience. For example, they are used to remember your preferences during browsing and on future visits.
The information collected in Cookies also allows us to improve the website by estimating usage numbers and patterns, tailoring the website to individual user interests, speeding up searches, etc.
What are Cookies NOT used for on this website?
We do not store sensitive personally identifiable information such as your address, password, credit card or debit card details, etc., in the Cookies we use.
Who uses the information stored in the Cookies?
The information stored in the Cookies on our website is used exclusively by us, with the exception of those identified as “Third Party Cookies”, which are used and managed by external entities to provide us with services requested by us to improve our services and the user experience when browsing our website. The main services for which these “third party Cookies” are used are to obtain access statistics and to guarantee the payment operations carried out.
What specific Cookies does this website use and for what purposes?
Below is a description of the Cookies, together with their description and use:
1. technically necessary Cookies: necessary data storage includes cookies that are key to the operation of a website. These cookies are those that allow the user to navigate through a website, platform or application and the use of the different options or services that exist in it, including those that the editor uses to enable the management and operation of the website and enable its functions and services, such as, for example, control traffic and data communication, identify the session, access parts of restricted access, remember the elements that make up an order, make the purchase process of an order, manage the payment, control fraud linked to the security of the service, make the application for registration or participation in an event, count visits for the purpose of billing licenses of the software with which the service works (website, platform or application), use security features during navigation, store content for broadcasting videos or sound, enable dynamic content (for example, animation of loading a text or image) or share content through social networks. Also belonging to this category, due to their technical nature, are those cookies that allow the management, in the most effective way possible, of the advertising spaces that, as another element of design or “layout” of the service offered to the user, the editor has included in a web page, application or platform based on criteria such as the edited content, without collecting information from users for other purposes, such as customizing that advertising content or other content.
– User input cookies.
– User identification or authentication cookies.
– User security cookies.
– Media player cookies.
– Session cookies for load balancing.
– User interface customization cookies.
– Add-on cookies to exchange social content.
2. Cookies technically not necessary: as members of this group are considered text files that not only do not serve for the functionality of the website, but also collect other data.
Preference or personalization cookies: these are cookies that allow information to be remembered so that the user can access the service with certain characteristics that may differentiate their experience from that of other users, such as, for example, the language, the number of results to be displayed when the user performs a search, the appearance or content of the service depending on the type of browser through which the user accesses the service or the region from which the user accesses the service, etc. If it is the user himself who chooses these characteristics (for example, if he selects the language of a website by clicking on the icon of the flag of the corresponding country), the cookies will be exempt from the obligations of Article 22.2 of the LSSI as it is considered a service expressly requested by the user, and this provided that the cookies obey exclusively to the selected purpose.
Analysis or measurement cookies: these are those that allow the party responsible for them to monitor and analyze the behavior of users of the websites to which they are linked, including the quantification of the impacts of advertisements. The information collected through this type of cookies is used in the measurement of the activity of the websites, application or platform, in order to make improvements based on the analysis of the usage data of the users of the service. Regarding the processing of data collected through analysis cookies, the WG29 stated that, although they are not exempt from the duty to obtain informed consent for their use, it is unlikely that they represent a risk to the privacy of users provided that they are first-party cookies, that they process aggregate data for strictly statistical purposes, that information is provided on their uses and that the possibility for users to express their refusal on their use is included.
Behavioral advertising are those that store information on the behavior of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, allowing the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
How can I block or delete cookies used by this website?
The User can allow, block or delete cookies through the configuration panel made available to him/her. In addition, you should note that, if you accept third-party cookies, you can delete them from your browser options or from the system offered by the third party itself.
Blocking the installation of cookies does not prevent the effective use of the Website by the user.